Terms & Conditions (Based on Industry Standards)
1. Able Auto Transport, Inc. (a broker MC195242) hereafter referred to as AAT agrees to have vehicle(s) described on quotation shipped on or about the dates requested. AAT will designate a reliable carrier/agent to fulfill the terms and conditions of this agreement. AAT or its Agents do not guarantee a specific pickup or delivery date.
2. This order is subject to all terms and conditions of the carrier's straight bill of lading, copies of which are available at the office of carrier and are incorporated herein.
3. Carriers responsibility begins when the shipper or his agent signs the bill of lading at pickup, and terminates when the shipper or his agent signs the bill of lading at delivery. AAT must be notified, should the shipper be unavailable for pickup or delivery, and his agent must be designated at that time.
4. AAT hereby notifies shipper that his vehicle will be driven on and off the transporter, or to and from the transporter at the pickup or delivery site, should the carrier be unable to access either site. This does not relieve the consignee from making a reasonable effort to meet the truck at a suitable location. If vehicle is not made available to transporter once they have been dispatched and pickup date has been confirmed, you will be charged a dry run fee to cover transporter fuel expenses.
5. All vehicles to be delivered with a balance due shall be paid by CASH or CASHIERS CHECK ONLY (US funds). Should delivery be attempted after attempted notification (3 to 24 hours voice notification to phone numbers provided by shipper) and shipper or his agent does not have proper funds or is unavailable to receive delivery, vehicle(s) will be taken to and left at the nearest terminal at the discretion of AAT, where shipper will have to retrieve and pay for storage or redelivery fees.
6. AAT does not guarantee transport by any specific driver/carrier. Primary Insurance for your vehicle(s) is provided by the carrier assigned to your move. As a broker AAT is restricted by law from providing Primary Insurance for your move.
7. If you are shipping an inoperable vehicle, you may be required to help load and unload said vehicle at the discretion of the driver. Should vehicle(s) become inoperable during transport, an inop fee of $100 to $200 (depending on vehicle size and/or our discretion) will be due at time of delivery in addition to any other moneys owed. It is shipper's responsibility to make sure vehicle is in proper working order.
8. AAT or its agents will not knowingly transport vehicles with personal or household items in the passenger or trunk compartment. Federal regulation prohibits AAT or its agents from doing so. If such items are shipped unbeknown to AAT or its agents, such items become the sole responsibility of the shipper. Should damage occur or fines be levied, said fines or damage are shippers responsibility. If you place personal items in your car you will be subject to additional fees at the discretion of the transporting company.
9. AAT or its agents will not be responsible for vandalism, acts of god (fire, flooding, hail, sand storm, tornadoes, earthquakes) or objects flying from the road or sky during transport. Shippers should maintain their own insurance for these reasons.
10. Shipper is responsible for preparing the vehicle(s) for transport, all loose, fragile or protruding accessories, low hanging spoilers, fog lights, antennas, etc., must be removed and/or properly secured. Any part that falls off in transit is shipper's responsibility, including damages done by said part to any and all vehicles involved.
11. If damage or theft should occur, all moneys owed for transport must be paid to initiate a claim. Damage must be noted in the proper place on the bill of lading, and signed by driver and shipper, regardless of weather, or time of day. Signing the bill of lading without any notation of damage verifies that shipper or his agent has received said vehicle in good condition, and that AAT and its agents are relieved of any further responsibility. Shipper or his agent MUST check vehicle thoroughly.
12. AAT and its agents must also be notified of any damage or theft by phone within 24 hours. Shipper must submit in writing a description of damage or theft, clear pictures, and 2 estimates within 10 days of receipt of said vehicle directly to the designated carrier for any resolution to be initiated. AAT will support you in this effort should such a problem occur, but in no way will AAT accept responsibility for any negligence of the assigned carrier. If your vehicle is valued at a higher than market rate, we suggest you purchase a special insurance rider.
13. Any claim or controversy arising from or relating to this agreement, or the performance or breach thereof, shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Clark County, Kahoka, Missouri. Shipper specifically waives any right to judicature of this matter at any other location. AAT can only be liable for up to the amount of the deposit located on your quotation. In no case can AAT be held liable for the designated carrier's damage. AAT will provide carriers insurance certificate and carrier information should any controversy arise
14. Auto rental accruals will pay (up to $25.00 per day) when AAT agent(s) has failed to deliver your vehicle(s) within 3 weeks (21 Days). The 3 weeks start when vehicle is loaded on the assigned carrier, but does not include special pickup requirements, including terminal or pickup services. Rental reimbursement covers primary vehicle only. Reimbursement is limited to 7 days or a total reimbursement of $175.00, and does not include Hawaii or Alaska moves. Rental car will not be honored while vehicle(s) is being repaired should damage occur. A rental car receipt must be provided in order to receive reimbursement.
15. If you place an order with us, you have the option to cancel any time prior to your vehicle being assigned to a transporter at no cost to you. If your vehicle is booked on a transporter before you fax or email your cancellation, an administrative cancellation fee (not to exceed $250) will be assessed to your order to pay for services rendered. Any canceled order that was paid in full or going to or from Hawaii or Alaska will lose the convenience fee (if applicable) regardless of booking status. If your vehicle is not made available to the assigned carrier, the AAT Fee will be held as a dry run fee. AAT reserves the right to cancel your order at any time. If AAT exercises this right, your deposit and any other fees paid will be refunded in full.
16. AAT is a licensed and bonded Property Broker. We are responsible for booking the shipment of cars with a licensed and insured Motor Carrier Corporation, who handle their own damage claims. It may take a few weeks to process your claim, since the drivers must return to their terminals with the original Bill of Lading condition reports.
17. AAT will not be responsible for demurrage at Matson Port Facilities.
18. By either submitting your order online, sending us your order by phone, fax or by email, AAT understands you are placing your order and accept the terms and conditions (in lieu of your signature) found here and on AAT's web site.
AAT LIABILITY DISCLAIMER
AAT NOR ITS AGENTS SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
(THESE EXCLUSION ARE ALL STANDARD BUSINESS PRACTICES OF THE AUTO TRANSPORTATION
1. Damage to undercarriage, exhaust system, suspension, wheel bearings, tie downs, brakes, alignment, tuning, charging system or battery. (no evaluation is made of these components or systems at pickup location) therefore AAT or its agents do not accept responsibility for them.
2. Damage not detected at pickup location due to poor weather or lighting conditions.
3. Damage to car phones or antenna under any condition. (AAT suggests that they be removed)
4. Loss of or damage to audio or video equipment not installed at the factory. Including antenna that does not retract to within 3 inches of the vehicles body.
5. Damage or fines incurred because shipper left personal or household items in vehicle.
6. Damage caused by fluids or objects flying up from the roadway, or out of the sky.
7. Damage to cloth or vinyl convertible or decorative tops over 2 years old.
8. Damage to T-tops, boots, bras, caps, or any other type of canvas covering.
9. Damage caused by vandalism during transport.
10. Damage caused by leaking fluids, such as battery acid, motor oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, radiator coolant, or fallout resulting from acts of god.
11. Damage caused by freezing of cooling system and/or battery.
12. Damage caused by failure of factory tie-downs or pull through frame tie-down holes.
13. Damage to, or caused by any vehicle that cannot be driven on or off the transport under its own power. (vehicle will not run, or has lost its braking system)
14. Auto rental accruals will pay (up to $25.00 per day) when AAT has failed to deliver your vehicle(s) within 3 weeks (21 Days). The 3 weeks start when vehicle is loaded on the assigned carrier, but does not include special pickup requirements, including terminal or pickup services. Rental reimbursement covers primary vehicle only. Reimbursement is limited to 7 days or a total reimbursement of $175.00, and does not include Hawaii or Alaska moves. Rental car will not be honored while vehicle(s) is being repaired should damage occur. A rental car receipt must be provided in order to receive reimbursement.
The Auto Shipping Industry Defined
Shipping your auto can be a daunting task, especially if you have never had one transported before. Please take a second to read the following paragraphs that briefly explain how the Auto Shipping Industry works; you'll be glad you did!
First of all, most likely everyone you are going to find on the Internet is a broker, which is a good thing. Basically the broker's main job is to ensure whatever truck your vehicle is shipped on has Authority to haul and current Insurance. If you ship directly with a transport company you have no real way of knowing if they are insured. We have Valid insurance certificates provided by the PolicyProducer on file for every transporter we use. Next you should know it is best not to pay everything up front. You might think, "If I pay everything up front I'll get better service." Not necessarily the case. Some brokers will keep your deposit even if they don't ship your car! You can check out our refund policy online. Another thing you should know is if the broker you use has a reputation of being 15, 30, or 60 days before they pay a truck, the transporters won't haul a $0 COD load for them. They would rather take a COD load so when they drop the vehicle, they get their money. This way they can put fuel in their tanks and go on to their next stop. This brings us to deposits. The deposit amount is what the broker intends to make on a move. You may think if you pay a much higher price you will get better service. Again, not necessarily the case. As an example, if the price for a move is $750 and the deposit is $150, that means the broker will pay a truck $600 for the move. Let's say another broker quotes you $900 for the same move. If their deposit is $300, they are still going to pay a truck $600.
The amount of money a transporter gets paid for a move is the most important aspect of this industry. This is the bottom line. Brokers do not move vehicles; trucks do. For instance, if there are 10 cars shipping to and from the same locations that you are, the trucks will take the highest paying cars first. If there are cars paying $600 or $700 for the same move you are trying to make, why would the trucks want to take one that pays $500? That is why price is so important, so please keep this in mind while you are shopping for a competitive quote. Be sure you are getting the best value for your dollar.
Able delivered a Toyota 4Runner for Ashley and on 1/3/2014 customer wrote:
"Very professional, on time, and easy to book! A cross country move made easy."
No Cost Processing
Place your order with Able Auto Transport and pay nothing until your vehicle is assigned to a carrier!
Auto Transport Tip #12: "Be sure both you and the transporter have a set of keys for your car."